[FFmpeg-user] metadata from concat list not working

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 12:44:27 EEST 2019

On 9/30/19, Goran Obal <obal.goran at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I apologize for spamming... I just saw that it is in fact working for me
> when I do it with pictures, I was just using such examples that the text
> was not visible. Sorry.
> So, yes, it seems I don't understand what is different when I create video
> from a bunch of pictures and when I use filter_complex to create video from
> audio files and try to write text over it... I assume that the "picture
> way" is then packet and the "audio visualization filter way" is then a
> stream.
> So I think my question should be: Can I inject metadata to a stream?

Yes with ametadata and metadata filters, read their documentation.
Note that drawtext filter command you used use only frame metadata,
and frame metadata
can be added/removed/changed by mentioned filters above.
The concat demuxer can not set/remove/change frame metadata.
Also frame metadata is per each frame and can obviously disappear and
appear at any time.
AFAIK there is no way for filters to know stream metadata, so your
approach to draw text is wrong.

Stream metadata is static per stream and never changes.
Frame metadata can be available in each filtered frame.