[FFmpeg-user] Play FFV1

Noeck noeck.marburg at gmx.de
Mon Sep 30 20:28:34 EEST 2019

Dear Peter,

> May I ask how much bits-per-component (bpc) and which subsampling you're
> material has?

It is 8 bit and YUV 4:2:0

bitrate: 496564 kb/s
Video: ffv1 (FFV1 / 0x31564646), yuv420p, 1920x1080, SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9,
50 fps, 50 tbr, 1k tbn, 1k tbc (default)

> May I ask how many slices you've used?
> I usually suggest n_slices to be dividable by n_cores. Something between
> 16 and 24 slices is a good number for most resolutions.

I’ve seen that the file size increases with the number of slices. That’s
why I chose 6 slices. But I also tested with 16 and 24.

Thanks for your assessment. It will help me to decided in which cases
FFV1 is a viable solution for me.

Best,
Daniel