[FFmpeg-user] Timestamps are unset & Error writing trailer

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 09:43:59 EEST 2020

Hi,

I don’t think it builds by default, but there is a tool, “dvd2concat” in the tools folder that doesn’t really work.

But you can transparently bypass CSS on DVD’s with your setup so it might work, if you want to give it a try. IIRC libdvdread and libdvdcss are dependencies, basically you point it to the dvd mount point and it generates a ffconcat file containing a detailed description of the layout of the dvd filesystem: the actual elementary stream id’s and which file they are in, the byte-range of the file that they are in, and how they are “striped” across multiple VOBs, since the way they track are not always intuitive.

You can feed that file to the concat demuxer specifying -safe 0 and adding subfile to protocol_whitelist to sort of seek in a dvd, if it all works as it’s meant to.

I’m only suggesting this based on the assumption that your system can seemingly pretend CSS/AACS isn’t implemented, and even then, I wouldn’t bet on it working 100% perfect.

Regards,
Ted Park