[FFmpeg-user] Question on Segment TImes

Colin Bitterfield colin at bitterfield.com
Sun Apr 5 19:30:10 EEST 2020

The tape deck is a Sony DSR-45 (not the “A” model).

The tapes are pre-recorded studio dubbing masters. When I do ffprobe with avfoundation it produces this output:

    Stream #0:0: Video: dvvideo, yuv411p, 720x480 [SAR 8:9 DAR 4:3], 25000 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 29.97 tbn, 29.97 tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: pcm_s16le, 32000 Hz, stereo, s16, 1024 kb/s
    Stream #0:2: Audio: pcm_s16le, 32000 Hz, stereo, s16, 1024 kb/s

I was unable to map anything resemble 0:1 or 0:a:0 coming in from the deck. Once it was in an DV file, it worked as expected.

I had not thought of this before, but perhaps I can map 0:v:1 to audio? Maybe it sees it all as a video.