[FFmpeg-user] Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Audio: pcm_mulaw, 8000 Hz, mono, 64 kb/s): unspecified sample format

Ben Edwards login at funkytwig.com
Thu Apr 9 01:47:14 EEST 2020

Hi, ive been processing over 5TB of hickvivion CCTV footage (ffmpeg is
great, ime basicaly rewriting the headers so I can import into video
editng software).   Got about 4.8TB in and ime gettting an error.

The command I am using is

$ ffmpeg -loglevel warning -i input.mp4 -flags +global_header -vcodec
copy -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -b:a 128k out.mp4

and the output I am getting is

Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Audio: pcm_mulaw, 8000 Hz,
mono, 64 kb/s): unspecified sample formatConsider increasing the value
for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
Too many packets buffered for output stream 0:0.

Now I could increase analyzeduration & probesize, but no idea to what.

Any help greatly apreciated.

Ben