[FFmpeg-user] ffeserver question

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Apr 9 19:53:31 EEST 2020

(I mistakenly didn't send this to the list, only to the OP; repeated here
for the archive)

Hello,

On 4/9/2020 7:20 AM, Долгих Алексей Юрьевич wrote:

> Recently I tried to migrate ffmpeg v. 2.8.15 to 3.4.7 (latest build with
> ffserver, as far as I know)

 From https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/ffserver-
"Warning: ffserver has been removed on 2018-01-06. If you still need it
checkout commit 2ca65fc or use the 3.4 release branch. The original
documentation has been archived and can be downloaded as ​HTML or ​PDF while
the sample ffserver configuration file can be found below. We can provide no
support for ffserver.

Or try an alternative such as ​mkvserver_mk2."

Unless you have a special need for ffserver and the time to make it work,
you're probably better off finding a replacement. One suggestion I've seen
is https://github.com/ossrs/srs, I'm sure there are others. You may need to
do some searching, depending on requirements.

Later,

z!