[FFmpeg-user] Preparing to compile ffmpeg from git source -- stuck

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 02:49:27 EEST 2020

Am Mo., 13. Apr. 2020 um 01:46 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
<markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:

> Sorry, but I will not connect Windows to the Internet. It's not safe. So, if building on a Windows
> box implies doing a 'git sync' implies connecting Windows to the Internet, it's a non-starter.

Then you will cross-compile from Linux, that is not how I do it but to the
best of my knowledge, many people do it and there should be a lot of
documentation.

The unavoidable question is now: Why do you need a Windows binary
at all? Or did I only imagine that you were using a Windows binary?

Carl Eugen