[FFmpeg-user] ffplay options for setting audio volume and locating player windows on the screen

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Apr 15 10:40:45 EEST 2020

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 18:46:27 -0700, Michael Glenn Williams wrote:
> Hey Ted!
>
> Thank you for responding. Regarding -volume, i'm just putting 30
> without the %.
> Regarding -top and -left, my version of ffplay (the latest MAC OSX download
> from the website)
> Doesn't seem to know these options.
>
> I'm confused why generic options like these would vary from
> build/distribution to build?

To help us understand, you should quote the *actual* command line used
(see Ted guessing?), and its complete, uncut console output.

ffplay doesn't support position coordinates, as far as I know. While it
is a good player, it is quite basic regarding some features. You may
want to choose a more powerful player such as mpv.

Thanks,
Moritz