[FFmpeg-user] ffplay options for setting audio volume and locating player windows on the screen

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 17:39:46 EEST 2020

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 8:46 PM Michael Glenn Williams <
michael.glenn.williams at smartblondeco.com> wrote:

> Hey Ted!
>
> Thank you for responding. Regarding -volume, i'm just putting 30
> without the %.
> Regarding -top and -left, my version of ffplay (the latest MAC OSX download
> from the website)
> Doesn't seem to know these options.

Have you tried the good ole tried and true X / XQuartz -geometry options?
I have not used OSX in a very long time (since the switch to Quartz), so
there may be some differences between the old Xorg and XFree nomenclature,
but I imagine those types of options would still be there for initial
window placements and sizes.