[FFmpeg-user] ffplay options for setting audio volume and locating player windows on the screen

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 06:39:12 EEST 2020

Hi,

> Have you tried the good ole tried and true X / XQuartz -geometry options?
> I have not used OSX in a very long time (since the switch to Quartz), so
> there may be some differences between the old Xorg and XFree nomenclature,
> but I imagine those types of options would still be there for initial
> window placements and sizes.

Unfortunately X11 is entirely deprecated and not even supported as an optional install. The latest release of XQuartz is something like 5 years old and includes server version 1.17 or something. You can build yourself with the help of ports etc but a lot of things don't work and is a pain in the neck in general.

I'm pretty sure the static build is appkit.

Regards,
Ted Park