[FFmpeg-user] concat demuxer filter_complex (fade)

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 18:16:15 EEST 2020

Hi,

> Actually I don't see why it should be complicated. Maybe we're writing about different things. You're still writing about the concat demuxer but I already came to the conclusion that its easier to use the concat filter if you want to insert transitions, since otherwise you'd have to preprocess the images into videos and already add the transition at this point. With the concat filter, you can use one filterchain to add the transitions and concatenate the images in one step (no additional video files in the preprocessing process)

Oh, yeah you're right, I assumed the original approach would be the one in op. But I meant it's complicated because ffmpeg didn't really have a transition filter for video until recently, and you're left managing everything yourself, like when to start reading/queuing frames for clip 2, when you can stop looping the first part, etc. Like, one filter vs one filterchain.

Regards,
Ted Park