[FFmpeg-user] Failure: No wav codec tag found

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Apr 18 01:51:39 EEST 2020

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 18:13:22 -0400, Mark Filipak wrote:
> [matroska @ 0000028fabd7b040] No wav codec tag found for codec pcm_bluray
>
> Does this means I did something wrong (would be the first time in ...about the last 2 minutes), or
> MKV doesn't support LPCM, or sumtinelse?

Yes.

Google, first match on "pcm_bluray mkv":

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174718

  pcm_bluray should only ever be put in Blu-ray-style m2ts files,
  Matroska has no format mapping for it anyway. Use normal PCM (ie.
  pcm_s16le or pcm_s24le depending on bitdepth). It contains the same
  data, just differently arranged.

Just convert it to some 24bit PCM - that conversion should be lossless.

Moritz

I was tempted to create a link with LMGTFY of JFGI, but caught myself
being rude. Over and out.