[FFmpeg-user] decomb versus deinterlace

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 10:50:42 EEST 2020

pdr0,

I think you're a champ.

I can tell you're academic. Well, in addition to engineering for 25 years, I also taught: For 3-1/2
years in the U.S. Air Force. and for 1/2 year at a university.

Give the students one good example. That's all it generally takes. Then, when they run into a
situation that produces a wrong answer, ask: "What's different in your situation that led to a wrong
answer?" If you've done a decent job explaining the basics, they'll figure it out and correct it.
Well, for me, my one good example is 55-telecine.

Ciao,
Mark.