[FFmpeg-user] Can't write packet with unknown timestamp

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 04:45:22 EEST 2020

Sorry. Slight edit error. Below is corrected.

On 04/24/2020 04:04 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am Fr., 24. Apr. 2020 um 17:14 Uhr schrieb Edward Park <kumowoon1025 at gmail.com>:
>
>> It is pretty much abandoned but did you try the dvd2concat perl script in the tools directory?
>
> It is supposed to work for this use case, but mplayer -dumpstream was tested
> much more and is better suited if you need a file that contains a dvd track.

By trial-&-error I discovered that this:
'mplayer H:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.IFO -dumpstream -dumpfile TITLE1.VOB'
works. However, TITLE1.VOB does not play correctly.

TITLE1.VOB total time shown (1:06:28) [1] is slightly more than 1/2 the movie's actual total time
(2:11:15). Otherwise, playback is normal. Skipping forward and back in the video malfunctions.

[1] Curiously, PowerDVD reports TITLE1.VOB total time as 1:50:06.

Second-by-second, MPV playback progress bar at the 50% point:

Time (left) 01:04:30 [_________]__________ -00:01:36 Left (right)

At that point, skipping forward by '5' seconds jumps to the credits roll.
At that point, skipping back by '5' seconds jumps back to about 2 minutes prior to the 50% point.