[FFmpeg-user] [MPlayer-users] Windows command line & log

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:19:28 EEST 2020

Am Di., 28. Apr. 2020 um 13:45 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
<markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:

> Carl Eugen Hoyos recommends concatenating VOBs via 'mplayer -dumpstream'.

(Since you have in the past reprimanded me for my exact wording)
This is not true, if this were about concatenation, the concat
protocol would of course work fine.

> MPlayer seems to have a mind of its own. No matter what I tell it, it wants to concatenate

No.

[...]

Please test both command lines I suggested after verifying which "numbers"
provide the right track (the one you want to re-encode) as suggested by
Erik, there is some indication in your messages that "1" is not the
right choice.

Carl Eugen