[FFmpeg-user] dshow questions

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 04:40:30 EEST 2020

Hi,

> Is -vcodec in this case an undocumented option of the dshow input device? I ask because it's written before -i.
> Or is it an option for the output, and could (or should?) be written before the output file?

I think it's not documented because it's deprecated, ultimately it's equivalent to codec:v, which is listed as input/output option.

> Why is each line listed twice? Might there be a difference between the lines, but FFmpeg can't show what the difference is?

That is weird, maybe it is listing them once for device then for the pin? Or it tries to list video and audio properties but the audio falls back to the video device?

Regards,
Ted Park