[FFmpeg-user] Putting in a picture half-way through the video

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 17 13:02:44 EEST 2020

On 2020-08-15 16:20 +0200, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> Simon Roberts <simon at dancingcloudservices.com> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 4:07 AM Cecil Westerhof <Cecil at decebal.nl> wrote:
> >
> >> I have to publish the video's from our Zoom meetings. Something went
> >> wrong. Halfway a recording the recording went from the speaker to the
> >> overview screen. I like to change the part of the video with the
> >> overview screen (people do not know they are being recorded and not
> >> everything is very flattering) with a static picture. Is this doable?
> >> (Without to much work.)
> >>

> > This (and the audio sync issue you describe elsewhere) seems to me to be a
> > job far better suited to an actual video editor since you can perform these
> > actions interactively.
> >
> > Lightworks (lwks.com) is extremely powerful, free for output 720 or lower,
> > and works on Linux, Mac, and PC. There are many others that are free too
> > for the various platforms.
>
> I really do not like to use file editing tools. Until now I managed
> quit sufficiently with scripts that called ffmpeg, but maybe it is
> time to bite the bullet.

I think if the use case is as simple as it sounds, a video editor
is not really needed.

If you re-encode the video anyway, there should be multiple easy
ways to achieve your goal with filters.

If you don't want to re-encode the complete video, than it will
require quite a stunt, which potentially can be achieved with
ffmpeg, but ffmpeg won't be helping you to achieve it. The risks
of errors might be to high to try that.

Maybe there are other tools or video editors that support this,
but I just don't know.

  Alexander