[FFmpeg-user] Problem while converting DNG sequnece to video file

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Thu Aug 20 12:09:25 EEST 2020

Am 20.08.2020 um 10:47 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
> On 8/20/20, Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:

>>> ffmpeg have DNG decoder.
>>>
>>> If you are unsure about something, better keep silence, instead of
>>> spreading incorrect information.
>> Why is such a useful feature not documented?
> Because DNG is not separate decoder but part of TIFF one.
>
> You could search trac tickets or commit logs, DNG was implemented as
> part of GSoC.

Users expect to find a list of supported image formats in the
documentation. They don't want to search the tickets or commit logs.
TIFF is also undocumented. Search for "TIFF" in ffmpeg-all.html -->
nothing found. This documentation is driving me crazy.
Suggestion: One day per week, forbid all patches and allow only
improvements of the documentation.

Michael