[FFmpeg-user] Why is format=rgb24 required after maskedmerge?

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 20:57:08 EEST 2020

On 08/21/2020 12:34 PM, Michael Koch wrote:
> Am 21.08.2020 um 17:06 schrieb Gyan Doshi:

>>> I'm also ready to help, if it can be done without git.
>>
>> It would be cumbersome, having someone else merge the changes in a git repo.
>>
>> What concerns do you have about using git?
>
> I don't understand how git works. Have tried it some time ago, but didn't work, so I gave up. No
> good instructions available. A second computer with Linux seems to be required. Too complicated. I
> have no experience with Linux. I know C and C# programming, but I'm not a professional programmer.
> The page https://www.ffmpeg.org/git-howto.html was obviously not written for beginners. Many terms
> are introduced without explaining them, and examples are missing.
>
> Michael

Git mystifies me, too. I also did a lot of reading but it was written my Martians.

Also, pointers in 'C' confound me; that's what stops me reading source. 'C' programmers tell me they
are like assembly language, and I know 4 or 5 assembly languages (in addition to about 7 HLLs), but
"like assembly language" doesn't work with me. It doesn't make sense to me that authors should need
to remember which variables are pointers to variables and which are actual variables. I don't know
why anyone would think that two references with two different names is useful. I know that 'C' has
'.h' files but I don't see why those '.h' files don't fix-up the pointer references automatically.

Mark.