[FFmpeg-user] Why is format=rgb24 required after maskedmerge?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sun Aug 23 00:19:19 EEST 2020

On 8/22/2020 2:03 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
> There is no duplication, only multiple outputs. Would you also remove
> the man pages because they are "duplicate" of the HTML pages?

Multiple outputs is not duplicative? If the same info in the same format is
in two places, that rather sounds like duplication.

Re man pages- last time I checked, those are not considered web pages and
have a different format & usage, therefore not the same. (OTOH, I don't use
the man pages, so..... see below.)

It's obviously easy for anyone adverse to change to find examples of "it's
not like that!!". It should also be obvious that different styles of
documentation work for different people- some always go to a man-page style
doc, some find topic/area-based html pages easier to use. Don't like one of
those? Don't use it. But also don't denigrate those who do.

And... how many questions on this list wouldn't need to be asked if the docs
provided the answer _to_the_questioner_? Half? Two-thirds? If the docs were
really great, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

Later,

z!