[FFmpeg-user] Yadif_cuda and Pix_fmt

Andy Sheimo asheimo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 07:38:09 EEST 2020

I'm trying to use yadif_cuda during a transcode along with converting from
8bit to 10bit. The process errors out:

Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter
'Parsed_yadif_cuda_0' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0

If I don't set the pix_fmt then the transcode works without issue. I'm
trying to understand why I am getting that failure. It would seem to be
that the yadif_cuda filter would take the input stream, perform the
deinterlacing then the hevc_nvenc encoder should accept pix_fmt p010le.
What am I missing here.