[FFmpeg-user] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Dec 10 19:19:17 EET 2020

On 12/10/2020 12:06 AM, Steve Dibb wrote:
> [matroska @ 0x1782480] Application provided invalid, non monotonically
> increasing dts to muxer in stream 1: 66413 >= 11651

> Basically, I'm doing av_read_frame(input, &bluray_packet),
> then updating pts, dts  using av_rescale_q_rnd and duration with
> av_rescale_q
> then av_interleaved_write_frame(output, &bluray_packet);

Couple of things-
I've often found my answers by grep-ing the library source code for the
error message and reading the part that generates it. If you're using the
libraries, having the sources handy can be very helpful.

Since this list is more for the cli versions of ffmpeg, you might try on the
libav list instead (https://lists.ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/libav-user/).

Later,

z!