[FFmpeg-user] Video recording date with ffprobe

Mar Andrés López mar.andres.l at gmv.com
Fri Dec 11 16:34:58 EET 2020

Dear all,

I would like to extract the date in which my video was recorded. Now I am using the following ffprobe command:

ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -v quiet -select_streams v:0 -show_entries stream_tags=creation_time -of default=noprint_wrappers=1:nokey=1

Which prints the creation_time and I guess that it is the datetime in which the file was created.

But I want the time in which the video was recorded, should it be in the video metadata?

Is that possible to retrieve this value with ffmpeg? A lot of thanks.