[FFmpeg-user] Titles not showing on dlna with matroska

Mike Martin redtux1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 17:46:12 EET 2020

Hi
I am looking at moving from mp4 to matroska for "encoding"
However I have come across a wierd issue wih the title not showing on dlna.

When viewed in vlc or parolethe title is displayed as I would expect,
however on any dlna client , no title, only the filename is shown.

Any tips on how to transcode with a title tag which will show up?

example cmdline

ffmpeg -v 35 -v 35 -i /Inpitfile.mkv -c:v copy -c:a copy -threads 4 -strict
-2 -y -map_metadata -1 -metadata title='Test input' -metadata artist='test'
-hide_banner /srv/data/Downloads/outfile.mkv

The file plays fine, and the exact same command with mp4 output displays
the title as expected.

Any ideas?