[FFmpeg-user] 'print:file=foo.txt' fails

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 13:28:55 EET 2020

On 02/06/2020 03:35 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 2/6/20, Mark Filipak <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The command line below creates 'foo.txt' but the file is empty (i.e.,
>> zero length).
>>
>> Any clues why?
>
> Because your file does not have any _frame_ metadata.

What am I missing here? The file is VTS_02_2.VOB. It contains all the
metadata that a VOB usually contains.

It contains one pack per sector. The packs are aggregated into GOPs with
I-frames and P-frames and B-frames. Each frame has a PES & MPEG2
sequence header and all the metadata. I can see them with VOBEdit.

Why can't I list the metadata with ffmpeg?

Can ffmpeg list metadata?