[FFmpeg-user] Question

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 03:34:36 EET 2020

> Would you be able to help me with why there are skipped segments and how I
> can avoid them? Because after it's downloaded there are frames in the video
> that are frozen. The website I am referring to is:
> https://ch.nicovideo.jp/nicopro if that's of any assistance. Also, if you
> don't mind would you be able to template the solution in a similar
> format that I have, that would be of great help.

Is that a live TV streaming site? (I think I’ve heard it being mentioned in Chihayafuru a couple weeks ago)
If you’re downloading a live stream, it most likely means that a segment was taken off the master playlist before it was downloaded, as in ffmpeg didn’t reach it in time. Something like forcing an HD resolution in a browser and missing a few seconds of the stream while the player buffers.
The first workaround that comes to mind is to choose a lower bitrate alternative to download than the default, with -map 0:p:# (replacing # with the program number). I can’t think of a way to make it switch streams depending on bandwidth requirements like what would happen in a browser player implementation.