[FFmpeg-user] List server 'myposts on' fails to echo my own posts

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Feb 25 10:51:21 EET 2020

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 20:21:39 -0500, Mark Filipak wrote:
> I didn't think about it before, but perhaps the spoofing is the reason
> 'markfilipak.mozilla' is echoed back, eh?

Using envelope (and possibly header) "From:" addresses not supported by
your SMTP relay is bound to fail BIG TIME in this century. You need to
use a proper relay for each and every one of your "From:" addresses to
guarantee delivery.

Luckily, most outgoing SMTP already do a sanity check when you deliver
to them. (Possibly for other reasons - they want you to use *their*
domains - but to the same effect.)

Cheers,
Moritz