[FFmpeg-user] Submitting a Feature Request

Chris c319chris at aol.com
Sun Jan 19 20:20:09 EET 2020

I described the desired feature in a post several weeks ago. That thread has now stalled with no progress being made. Here is the desired feature again:
We already have:

out_range=full  and out_range=tv

Why not have out_range=unity which does not alter the video levels at all?

I am trying to make video levels compliant with EBU R 103 which is RGB in the range 5 - 246. I have written a C program to do this which uses ffmpeg to import and export video frames, but ffmpeg makes it impossible because it overrides the video levels my program sets, forcing levels to 0 - 255 or 16 - 235. I want ffmpeg to leave my levels alone.