[FFmpeg-user] HLS setting NAME in EXT-X-MEDIA

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 15:15:13 EET 2020

> Yes, both JWPlayer and VideJS show the content of the NAME value.
> And obviously I would prefer to decide what is shown, rather than audio_1, audio_2 and so on.
>
> Alex

I think either because you are using the audio group id to map the variants or because you provide name attribute for the video streams too the name is not being handled properly (name isn’t defined for ext-stream-inf). As you say name is supposed to be a human readable description but it is used as a suffix index by hls muxer, you should edit the master playlist after it is written with another tool if you want to add it.