[FFmpeg-user] SCTE-35 passthrough in transcoding process

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 17:03:43 EET 2020

Am Do., 23. Jan. 2020 um 11:26 Uhr schrieb Anthony Delannoy
<anthony.2lannoy at gmail.com>:

> Some time ago I had needs similar to yours with DVB data streams and tried to
> implement some of them. But apart from recognizing and supply binary EPG
> packets others contributions were not accepted.

> As I understood it ffmpeg goal is to decode/encode a maximum of video/audio
> codecs and container formats. Data decoding is only implemented when
> needed to do the previous thing.

I don't think this is entirely true (think of subtitles that are
insufficiently supported
but definitely wanted), the main question is what to do with the EPG packets...
I believe if a player could use the data, such decoding is definitely wanted.

Carl Eugen