[FFmpeg-user] Compiling on an aarch64 machine

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:35:23 EEST 2020

Am Mi., 8. Juli 2020 um 12:24 Uhr schrieb Verachten Bruno <gounthar at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 10:49 PM Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Am Di., 7. Juli 2020 um 21:34 Uhr schrieb Verachten Bruno <
> > gounthar at gmail.com>:
> >
> > > CFLAGS='-mfpu=neon'
> >
> > This is apparently not ignored (I thought it should be) and you are
> > therefore responsible not to set these variables.
>
> Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, These variables are not set on my machine...
> or am I mistaken?

I tested that if I don't export CFLAGS, they do not show up in config.log,
if I export a value, I can reproduce your issue (or I can set a value that
does not break compilation).

I also confirmed that git grep mfpu did not show anything suspicious.

In general, builds that use CFLAGS are not supported.

Carl Eugen