[FFmpeg-user] Documentation of chromanr filter

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sat Jul 11 20:57:47 EEST 2020

On 7/11/2020 1:39 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> Can you elaborate what you tried and what failed?

Why does it matter???????

Someone has gone to the effort to identify a problem and suggest a solution.
I'd expect that whomever has been maintaining that code would welcome this
and incorporate that doc change almost immediately (looks like almost the
simplest thing to change).

As Michael points out, being a "user" list there are few people on it who
are developers; you're expecting one of them to install (and learn) git,
pull the code, _find_ that piece of the doc, created a git patch, and send
it up to where it might be rejected for a trivial and opaque reason. That is
not rational. What _is_ rational is for the code maintainer to say "Oh,
cool, that looks better that what I have, I'll use it." And if that specific
developer doesn't read this list, I'm willing to bet that someone who does
can send them the relevant info.

(I've been on both the developer and QA sides of the process. People can
make it easy or they can make it difficult; I prefer the former.)

Later,

z!