[FFmpeg-user] Is time-stamping report lines possible?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jul 18 00:39:12 EEST 2020

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 18:06:00 +0000, Vladimir Grishchenko wrote:
> Can't seem to find a way to add timestamps to lines printed to the
> debug report. It appears there has been some work done to support
> this but it is unclear how to enable it. Using ffmpeg version 4.2.1.

No, there's no such feature included yet.

> https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/patch/20170602162632.1888-1-lingjiujianke@gmail.com/#12472

A newer, better patch was submitted, but never completed during review:
https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/patch/MN2PR13MB27524DB8A461B08F45729B87BA8F0@MN2PR13MB2752.namprd13.prod.outlook.com/

Unfortunately, the submitter seems to have lost interested, and the
feature never made it into ffmpeg. If you build your own, you can apply
that patch. I do it in my builds, and it works for me.

Cheers,
Moritz