[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg source code compatibility - OS X 10.9

Ilja iljashebalin2 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 05:56:49 EEST 2020

Hello,
One of my computers runs OS X 10.9. Can I use the latest source code builds with it. I recall, seeing the information published at https://ffmpeg.org that the min version was 10.9 but now can’t find it. Do you know what rea the system requirements? I downloaded the most recent build, installed yasm assmebler, ran make to build ffmpeg as per instructions and stumbled into lots of warnings, though the building process completed seemingly well.

Warning messages were of the following find:

fftools/ffmpeg.c:3552:18: warning: 'codec' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
        ost->st->codec->codec= ost->enc_ctx->codec;

2 warnings generated.
CC	libavutil/sha512.o
warning: unknown warning option '-Werror=partial-availability'; did you mean '-Werror=availability'?
      [-Wunknown-warning-option]
warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-bool-operation'; did you mean '-Wno-bool-conversion'?
      [-Wunknown-warning-option]

Sincerely Yours,

Ilya Shebalin
E-mail: iljashebalin2 at gmail.com,