[FFmpeg-user] Error while filtering: Cannot allocate memory Failed to inject frame into filter network: Cannot allocate memory

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 21:17:07 EEST 2020

On 06/04/2020 10:43 AM, lagmoellertim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> currently, I'm getting this error:
>
> Error while filtering: Cannot allocate memory
> Failed to inject frame into filter network: Cannot allocate memory
> Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:1
>
> Here is the console output:
> https://gist.github.com/lagmoellertim/8ed94b05d127a4604b03649bd307b7c9
> <https://gist.github.com/lagmoellertim/8ed94b05d127a4604b03649bd307b7c9>
>
> This is the command I used:
>
> ffmpeg -ss 240 -i video.mp4 -vsync 1 -async 1 -safe 0 -filter_complex_script
> filter_script -y -map '[vout]' -map '[aout]' out.mp4
>
> And here is the filter script:
> https://gist.github.com/lagmoellertim/b1d7bd4b898c06ffcade9176733376f0

I have not analyzed your console output. However, I can tell you that the only time I've received a
"Cannot allocate memory" error was when I accidentally tried to process a video via an '-ss' delay
that was past the end of the video. Are you sure that '-ss 240' is what you intend? That's 4 minutes.

Hope this helps.
Mark.