[FFmpeg-user] Continuing or replacing the ffserver server

Fernando M fermitanio at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:40:49 EEST 2020

Dear Carl,

I've been comparing the old ffserver with the new mkvserver_mk2 project. I find this more interesting and simple than ffserver, however mkvserver_mk2 has few documentation. Although the ffserver's code contains more lines, its are better documented.

I suspect mkvserver_mk2 is a more specific system and don't cover several issues that were covered by the ffserver project.

I'm going to read about both projects during the next days. I'd like to adopt one of them for my website, I think the GPL license allows that use.

Thank you in advance,

Fernando