[FFmpeg-user] H264 video toolbox settings

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Jun 9 11:00:05 EEST 2020

On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 22:28:55 +0100, Nuno Santos wrote:
> Sorry if this is a basic question, but how does one know the
> available the options for the h264_videotoolbox?

Usually with something like
$ ffmpeg -h encoder=h264_videotoolbox

> I want to set them programmatically and not via ffmpeg command.

Oh, you mean using the libav* libraries? Then you're basically on the
wrong mailing list.

The options are defined in libavcodec/videotoolboxenc.c, you should be
able to extract the knowledge from there. They *should* also be in the
documentation, but that doesn't seem to be the case for the
videotoolbox codecs.

Cheers,
Moritz