[FFmpeg-user] Video corruption when transcoding on new computer

Michael Kohne mhkohne at moberg.com
Tue Jun 9 17:01:57 EEST 2020

Thank you.
My apologies for not going to the latest before posting here. I should know
this by now. I even have targets in the makefile for building the git
version.

nonfree - left from an experiment with AAC, perhaps? Definitely needed to
go.
cpudetect - not sure why I thought I need it. Perhaps because I specified
the cpu? I've also removed that because...it's not helping if I'm runtime
detecting.

I'm pretty sure the extra-ldflags have to do with strange layout choices in
my build tree.
If you properly install the libraries into your system, I don't think that
it is needed. I don't do so because I'm afraid of interfering with other
system components.
Yes, that does mean we have bigger problems (so many problems).

Switching to the latest code seems to have fixed the issue, so I can
continue for now and get past this.
After I get this bit finished up, I'll be going on to switching in new
compilers.
(The reason we use these is an entire backward compatibility cluster****
that I don't want to talk about. We're getting better, but not quickly.).

Again, thank you for your help.

With best regards

Michael Kohne

SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER