[FFmpeg-user] copy encoder settings for cycling platform

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 10:54:14 EEST 2020

Hi there,

> The Videos a very big and after uploading the Platform will re-encode it to a small but well working file
>
> I wont upload big files which they reduce from eg. 17GB to 4GB, but i dont wont upload it in a lesser quality than they re-code
>
> This mean i want upload it in the same quality or a little bit higher.
>
> I have checked the Encoder Settings of the Platform and want ask if i can or how i can simply copy this setting to produce the same quality.

The short answer is no. Each iteration of encoding (especially compression-heavy codecs such as h264) is all but guaranteed to have adverse effects on perceived quality or fidelity, on every encoding iteration. Replicating the encoder settings is not going to produce "lossless," or, what I think you are expecting, "no more loss than is necessary" output.

The rule of thumb for codecs such as h264, hevc, vp9, etc. is to encode as few times as possible, if you are going for maximum fidelity to the original.

I may have misunderstood your question though, if that's the case, please let me know and I will try harder to understand your proposed workflow.

Regards,
Ted Park