[FFmpeg-user] Libavcodec conflicts

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Jun 15 22:02:43 EEST 2020

Well, originally, you wrote:

> >> mint 19. Right away apt tells me Libavcodec-extra57 conflicts with
> >> libavcodec57 and libavfilter-extra6 conflicts with libavfilter6.

That means apt would have both after your install command, and cannot
do that. You may need to de-install libavcodec57 and install
libavcodec-extra57 in one step, or de-install the former first (also
breaking packages which depend on it), then install the latter.

I can't help you with that, I'm not very apt with apt (pun intended).
Please consult your friendly apt guide, or wait for other answers here.
;-)

Regards,
Moritz