[FFmpeg-user] Converting DTS (timestamps) in mpegts to HH:MM:SS:FF

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 12:03:45 EEST 2020

Hi Moritz,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 9:55 AM Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 09:45:02 +0100, Kieran O Leary wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 9:40 AM Kieran O Leary <kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
> >
> > > OK, so I figured out that the dts needs to be divided by
> > > pkt_duration_time, which in this instance was 3600. Not sure how to get
> > > that aside from using ffprobe as I don't see it listed in the ffmpeg
> output.
> >
> > Sorry, the dts value needs to be divided by pkt_duration, which gives the
> > frame number. Also ffmpeg is amazing.
>
> Note that ffprobe also has those *_time fields, where the calculation
> is already done for you. E.g. best_effort_timestamp_time, pkt_pts_time,
> pkt_dts_time, pkt_duration_time.
>
> (Does ffprobe report which frames are corrupt? I didn't check.)

it does indeed - not the exact same message I received earlier, but it's
enough for me to write a script to catch these:
Here's a snip from the ffprobe output I posted that shows the corruption

 <logs>
                <log context="mpeg2video" level="16" category="6"
message="[mpeg2video @ 000001df0605e000] ac-tex damaged at 84 42"/>
                <log context="mpeg2video" level="16" category="6"
message="[mpeg2video @ 000001df0605e000] Warning MVs not available"/>

</logs>

Best,

Kieran