[FFmpeg-user] AAC wiki out of date?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 00:42:12 EEST 2020

Am Mi., 17. Juni 2020 um 15:13 Uhr schrieb Kieran O Leary
<kieran.o.leary at gmail.com>:

> I was looking to find out some info about AAC encoding in FFmpeg and I went
> to the wiki https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/AAC

(Since this seems not obvious to many people:)
The FFmpeg wiki is a wiki, nothing more, it is not
"actively maintained" afaik (but seems correct in
this specific case).

> Would I be correct in saying that it's out of date,

> as the native encoder is now the best quality since 3.0?

Over the years, I realized that I am unable to judge an
audio encoder's quality but I am sure that this is not true.

> There's an emphasis on the Fraunhofer
> encoder in the wiki and how it is the highest quality.

Yes.

Carl Eugen