[FFmpeg-user] Producing smooth video from images

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 02:32:01 EEST 2020

Am Fr., 26. Juni 2020 um 01:11 Uhr schrieb Leonardo via ffmpeg-user
<ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>:

> I have a sequence of images, image001.png to image945.png,
> and I am using this command to produce a video:
> ffmpeg -framerate 60 -i image%03d.png -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -vf scale=1920:1080,fps=60 -r 60 video.mp4

Remove "fps=60" and "-r 60", provide the complete, uncut console output
and explain what you want to improve about the output file.
(The minterpolate filter is powerful but you should first explain
why you want to use it)

Remember that "-pix_fmt yuv420p" which you probably need for your
use-case heavily affects output quality which you cannot circumvent.

Carl Eugen