[FFmpeg-user] Sound level measuring on the 2nd audio stream

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Jun 29 13:50:46 EEST 2020

Alex (12020-06-29):
> The documentation (https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#astats-1) says
> that it's possible to set the channel number (starting from 1) or string
                                ^^^^^^^
> 'Overall' for the integral value. I decided to print levels for 1st and
> 2nd audio streams separately and overall levels finally. Here is the
            ^^^^^^^
> command:

Channels and streams are not the same thing.

You need (1) to convince amovie to decode several streams from you file,
(2) to write the filter graph to use both the streams, each in its own
volume detection filters, (3) add the necessary to get the result in
ffprobe's output.

http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#amovie
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#Filtergraph-description

Regards,