[FFmpeg-user] How do I create an ffmpeg command line?

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 11:16:01 EET 2020

On 03/01/2020 03:55 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 3/1/20, Mark Filipak <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have been looking for months, on and off. Is there any place that
>> shows how to form a working ffmpeg command line? I'm trying to figure
>> out how to use a fieldmatch filter.
>>

> There is clear documentation explanation for using this and other filters.

Well, there's no examples and no top-level templates showing how to form
a command line, at least none that I've found.

What I've concluded from what I've read (and seen on this list):

'ffmpeg [gen_opts] [in_opts] -i <infile> [out_opts] <outfile>'

And I've read about filter graphs of course, but it's awfully cryptic
and there's no use examples. I know that filter invocation involves
operators such as '[x:y]' but I've not figured out what they symbolize
and how to use them in a command line -- I've tried dozens and dozens of
hacks.

The wiki just shows pieces of things, not how to form a command.

Of course, if you have a link, that would suffice. I'm awfully frustrated.

Regards,
Mark.