[FFmpeg-user] CPU and GPU

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:12:03 EET 2020

Am Mo., 2. März 2020 um 10:57 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
<markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:

> I used to work at Intel as a product line architect. I sat on 3
> divisional planning councils, including graphics processors, and
> co-chaired one. Later, I represented Wyse Technology in industry
> technology standards, engineering working groups.
>
> I outlined what appeared to me to be the direction of open source video
> development: That what is developed using open source code is migrated
> to FPGAs and hence to GPUs.

(I understand correctly that you are describing your personal experience
copying open-source technology into proprietary hardware, right?)
I didn't know this, from a technical pov I find it extremely surprising, from
a moral pov a little concerning, from a legal perspective I am appalled
and I hope the people responsible will get their response one day.

> I asked if I have it right (correct).

I wonder how you can ask people who weren't there if something
that you witnessed is right...

But I guess all this is just the language barrier...

Carl Eugen