[FFmpeg-user] What does ffmpeg consider metadata? -- revision

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 02:02:14 EET 2020

Kindly disregard the last message. I don't know how 'metadata' got left
out of the command line...

To me, metadata is such MPEG settings as 'progressive_sequence',
'top_field_first', 'frame_pred_frame_dct', 'concealment_motion_vectors',
'q_scale_type',
'intra_vlc_format', 'alternate_scan', 'repeat_first_field',
'chroma_420_type', 'progressive_frame'.

What does ffmpeg consider metadata? I ask because this command:
'ffmpeg -i I:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.VOB -f metadata D:\FOO'
resulted solely in this (from D:\FOO):
   ";FFMETADATA1
    encoder=Lavf58.31.104 "

Do I need to add a couple hundred more arguments? What would they be?
Note: ffmpeg documentation was no help.

Regards,
Mark.