[FFmpeg-user] ff* command lines that work

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 03:55:28 EET 2020

On 03/09/2020 09:43 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am Di., 10. März 2020 um 02:04 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
> <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:
>
>> Michael Koch said that general options can also be between the inputs
>> and the outputs.
>
> General options can come:
> Before the first input options

Including between '-i' and the options (or input-URL if there are no
options)? I assume not as that would be silly, but I don't know -- I'll
ask this only once, I promise. (Imagine I'm a machine that takes
everything literally... Imagine I'm a parser and you're writing a
regular expression.)

> Between the first input options and the first input
> Between the first input and any further inputs, including between
> options of further inputs and the inputs themselves
> Between the last input and the first output url
> Between the filterchain of the first output and the first output options
> Between the first output options and the first output url
> Between any further output url's
> After the last output url
> And of course between options of the same group
> (and possibly other positions, you may have gotten my point)
>
> Carl Eugen

So, anywhere. Okay, I'll cover that simply by notation without showing
it in the template.

Thanks.