[FFmpeg-user] I want to use FFmpeg in commercial product. Who do I need to contact?

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:26:27 EET 2020

Hi,

> Ted, thank you very much for your answer!
>
> We want to use the FFmpeg solution to let our users recording stories. At
> the same time, the application has a donation function and cryptocurrency.
> We now have about 500,000 users.
> So tell me please.
> Where can I find out the cost of a license? Who can I talk to about signing
> documents?
> Can we talk by zoom or skype?

I think you misunderstood, ffmpeg is largely based on free software, and you are granted the license you see when you run ffmpeg -L.
That is the license you already have. Can you post the output of ffmpeg -L? And if you are using the command line tool or the libraries?
Getting different terms for use is probably impossible, though people do offer paid support and development services.
I think it will probably say GNU GPL v3 (just a guess, I could be wrong) and if it does, you have the license to use the  command line tool under the terms of GPL v3.

Here’s a page outlining the basics of what the license stipulates.
https://choosealicense.com/licenses/gpl-3.0/ <https://choosealicense.com/licenses/gpl-3.0/>

Regards,
Ted Park