[FFmpeg-user] I want to use FFmpeg in commercial product. Who do I need to contact?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Mar 11 18:04:53 EET 2020

On 3/11/2020 8:40 AM, Ted Park wrote:
> I’m just curious, but if this kind of question was posed to a
> less-than-scrupulous party, and they sell the querier a compatible binary
> and source with the GPL license, is there any way to be recompensed if
> he/she finds out it could have been obtained for free later on?
There are a few cases where the authors of Busybox sued and won over
inclusion in a product and binary distribution in violation of the GPL (2, I
think). That was a bit easier as there were only a couple of people involved.

See also-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BusyBox#GPL_lawsuits
https://wiki.fsfe.org/Migrated/GPL%20Enforcement%20Cases
(and other google results)